We are stronger together!
For over a century now, Tourisme Montréal has been promoting Montréal as a tourist destination. Times have changed, but our motivation remains the same: to combine our efforts to maximize economic benefits.
The role of the organization as a leader and federator of the tourism ecosystem has taken on greater importance, now more than ever. Our industry, and more specifically you, our members and tourism partners, have been showing incredible resilience, creativity and perseverance over the course of the past months. In the face of uncertainty, the notions of community, membership and a collaborative industry take on their full meaning. Rest assured that Tourisme Montréal is focusing all its actions to champion and defend the Montréal brand in its dealings with the three levels of government, and in its exchanges with partners and members to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on the city’s tourism offer.
The strength of Tourisme Montréal's network
TOURISME MONTRÉAL’S MANDATE
A key player in Montréal’s economy, Tourisme Montréal is a private, non-profit organization with more than 850 members and partners. Its mission is to promote Montréal as an outstanding tourist destination, thus generating economic benefits for its members and the Montréal community at large.
“The future depends on what we do today, and our success relies on our ability to mobilize and foster an ambitious vision for Montréal.”
Yves Lalumière, President and CEO of Tourisme Montréal
Enjoy the many benefits of being part of our network
Connect with a variety of clienteles by joining Tourisme Montréal's network: tourists, event organizers, convention delegates, travel agents, journalists, tour operators, and other stakeholders in the Montréal tourism industry.
DIRECT BENEFITS FROM OUR PARTNERSHIP*
VISIBILITY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Listings on the Tourisme Montréal website (tourist, business and industry sections)
- Mentions in editorial content, in articles and blog posts (tourist and business) and on social media (consumer, business and corporate).
- Mentions in newsletters targeting consumers, the media and the tourism industry.
- Inclusion in press tours, in suggested itineraries for travel agencies and familiarization tours to promote Montréal.
- Referrals to conference organizers, travel specialists, journalists and tourists visiting Montréal.
- Presentation of your business to agents at the Old Montréal Tourist
- Welcome Office and access to preferential rates on the rental of display space.
EVEN MORE EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
- Products developed to maximize your visibility (Deals section of the Tourisme Montréal website featuring promotions, packages and member experiences, the Sweet Deal, Passeport MTL and MTLàTABLE)
- An exclusive online space for members, Espace membres, bringing together strategic content for business development
- A discussion forum (Facebook Group) where you can connect with industry peers for informal conversations
- Training and workshops to improve your professional skills (social media, product development, hospitality strategy, distribution network, etc.)
- MTL Specialist Certification Program
- Networking events (virtual and in-person)
- Advisory services (sustainable tourism, cultural tourism, aid programs, etc.)
*Benefits and pricing may vary depending on your business category
Actions taken in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- 50% credit on Tourisme Montréal membership in 2021 for active members in 2020
- 30 discussion groups hosted with more to come; opportunities to exchange, learn and collaborate
- Deployment of the sanitary plan by sector of activity available in a virtual toolbox (in French)
- Active and continuous representation with the three levels of government to access programs to support the recovery
- Monthly webinars to unite the industry around a common goal: relaunching tourism safely (business and leisure strategy)
- Two marketing campaigns targeting local, Québec and Ontario markets: Relancez l’été and My 2020 island getaway
- A shift toward commercial offers on the mtl.org website with the addition of the “Deals” section and revamping of “Things to do” editorial content, updated weekly on the home page
- Adaptation of the Passeport MTL for Québec customers with a reduced price for these consumers
- Reimagining a new format for the 2021 edition of MTLàTABLE in support of Montréal’s gastronomy scene, one that will enhance the traditional concept of the event
- Securing conferences and sporting events that were originally confirmed for 2020 for future years
- Organization of virtual visits to Montréal for meeting and event organizers in anticipation of future business and sporting events
- Deployment of the 720° health protocol for the business market
Organizational structure of Tourisme Montréal
Benefit from the expertise of a seasoned team dedicated to our members to maximize spinoffs for the industry and promote the city's influence and reputation.
MEMBER, INDUSTRY AND PARTNER RELATIONS
- Member services
- Management of annual events
- Development of partnerships
DESTINATION DEVELOPMENT AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- Assistance program for events, festivals and exhibitions
- Cultural tourism
- Sustainable tourism
- Development of new products
- Media relations
- Tourist welcome strategies
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
- Marketing campaigns
- Management of digital platforms
- Social media management
- Creation of editorial content
- International media relations
- Distribution network management
- Business intelligence
BUSINESS SALES AND CONVENTION SERVICES
- Selling the city as a world-class business and sports event destination
- Support and guidance before, during and after the event
- Employer brand management